August 21, 2010

Choosing to Love My Husband...



I have never written a blog post about my husband.  Usually I am too busy uploading some new & cute pictures of either my step-daughter Maddy or our dog Dillon.  Today I am going to focus on my husband; Kevin.



Today is no irregular day, there were no special 'gushy' moments to which this post would be dedicated.  So why post about him today you may ask?  I have been inspired by a friend (you know who you are) who posted a similar post to her blog not at all that recently but one I just read today that strung a chord with me.

I have not focused on the most important person in my life..my husband...in my blogging (not that I have many posts) but I would like to start fresh today and this post will focus on the gift that God has given me; the most precious gift in this man...my husband.



Real Love is something we do when the feelings are there and when they are not.  Love is NOT something you always feel.  Love is something you DECIDE.  I decided 5 years ago that I would love this man for the rest of my life.  I was only 22 when we met but I knew that he was the one for me without any doubt..I will tell you why.  He set me FREE!!...I left him for a period of time when we were first dating..I told him I needed time to sort through feelings of past resentments, disappointments and trust issues I had carried with me from my past.  Not only did he let me go...but when I realized I couldn't live without him he welcomed me back with open arms..no questions asked!!...It was then I knew; this was meant to be!!



At 23 years old I pledged before God and our family & friends that I would be with him and love him till death.  Five years later, through trials, upsets, financial distress and all of life's ups and downs we are still holding strong!!  He needs to know that I 'choose' him every day!



If I could line up every man in the whole world I would choose him today without a moments hesitation.  I would choose him on the days when I feel all oogly about him..like today.  I would choose him on the days he really gets on my nerves.  Feelings are undependable.  Love is ALWAYS dependable.  Love NEVER fails even when we do!

I am honored to be his wife, helper and friend always.  I am choosing to love him ALWAYS no matter how I may 'feel' on any given day!!



Kevin I love you, I honor you, I cherish you everyday!!!

1 comment: