June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad...



The Perfect Father

I love you because you're my father,
But you're really so much more;
You're a guide and a companion;
You and I have great rapport.

You pay attention to me;
You listen to what I say.
You pass on words of wisdom,
Helping me along the way.

Whenever I'm in trouble,
You always have a plan.
You are the perfect father,
And I'm your biggest fan!

"Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed."

    Dad,

      I have some very fond memories of my childhood growing up; you were always there with kind words, a gentle heart, compassion, wisdom, and encouragement.  I remember all those nights we would sit together on the balcony gazing up at the stars, having our long father/daughter chats where you would answer all my questions like "why is the sky blue daddy?", "how many stars are there in the sky?", "how does God know how many hairs are on my head?"...you always seemed to have the answers to every question.  As I grew older I must had forgotten that you had so much wisdom to offer because I know my questions kinda died off and like most teens I thought I knew more than my parents...LOL :-)

Some of my most fond memories through childhood would just not be the same without you!  You taught me how to ride my first bike, how to Rollerblade down that Ormand Dr. hill, how to memorize my times tables for math class, how to memorize speeches in school, you would sacrifice yourself and bike to work so that mom could always have the car just incase one of us needed to do something or go somewhere....I remember once when the car broke down you walked to McDonalds and bought us dinner for a treat!...You would sacrifice your sleep when you worked midnights and take Kelli and I swimming at Somerset Pool in the hot summer days.  You would always work so hard, doing overtime when you could.  You sacrificed so much of yourself for your family, I hope you know that none of it went un-noticed!!!

But most importantly, you were the strong foundation in the home; the one that God had called you to be as a spiritual leader to his family.  You had shown us God's love and did everything you could to obey his word; providing a strong example to your children...we have all been blessed!!

Thank you for being the father, the leader, the blessing that you have been to this family!!

I want you to know that I have always felt loved, I've never felt a lack of anything, you have filled my cup, my heart and soul with your love, wisdom and knowledge.  If you have ever been proud of me, you need to be proud of yourself....for I would not be who I am today without you!!!

Love Always,

Your Daughter Becky <3 xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Becky for your kind thoughts and words! Love you too and it's a great joy to have you all as my family!!

    ReplyDelete