September 24, 2010

AaaaaaaCHEWwwwwwww!!!!!!!


So here it is, one day into the Fall season and I have already been hit with the 'Mac truck' of the 'Cough, Cold, & Flu' season!...Just my luck!!!

My throat is sore and scratchy, my nose is running like a siv, my eyes are watering and I can't stop sneezing.  I am the first 'victim' of the house this season and hoping the cycle will end with me!

I guess one of the 'advantages' to being sick is the sympathy one receives from those around whom are required by obligation to show compassion...hint hint!!..:-)...Also, the forgoing of any regular expectation of the ailed wife, mother, employee...the allowance to rest and rejuvenate ones person back to health.

Today worked out perfect for the 'employee' side of things...my work gave us today off due to lack of work...fine by me!!!

I have sat here on my computer for most the morning catching up with family and friends, drinking my tea and water and dutifully taking some meds to help lessen the 'flu-like' symptoms.

But, even as I sit here, tissues on hand and 'Halls' ready to go...I still feel a sense of guilt...that kind of guilt that only a wife can relate to...we are not supposed to get sick!!!...We, the 'home runners' cannot afford even a short 'glitch' in our busy and hectic schedules!!  Even though I am not required to work today by my employer...that does not take away the fact that my laundry needs washed, my bathroom needs cleaned... amongst a list of other household responsibilities yet to be completed!

What's worse, is I had purchased tickets three months ago to go and see one of my favorite bands "Hedley"  right here in my home town!  They played right here in Oshawa at the GM Centre last night.  But, due to my sickness I decided to sell them.  I'm ecstatic for my niece though..I'm sure she enjoyed it a million times more than I would have!!...Love you Jaden..Hope you had a BLAST!!!

I will end this note with a tribute to 'Hedley'...this is one of my favorite songs by them...maybe one day I will see them play it in concert! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... it's kind of ironic that you had a head cold when the Hedley band was playing lol. Well you are right, wives and mom's are not allowed to get sick. We just keep on going like the energizing bunny. But one thing, Becky, sometimes you just have to leave the house work and have a Becky day. It will always be there tomorrow with a welcoming greet when we open our eyes first thing in the morning lol. :)

    ReplyDelete