October 29, 2010

Dear Mom...



"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.  Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."- Proverbs 31:28-29


Dear Mom,



In honor of your birthday, I would like to publicly write a love letter to you.
I hope I tell you enough how much I love you.  
I used to see you through only one set of eyes, through one perspective, through the eyes of a daughter.

Now that I’m a wife and ‘step’ mother, it adds a new dimension.  It helps me to appreciate you even more. It helps me to understand that love that is so deep and heartfelt. You have done so much for me and have always been there for me.  I don't know what my life would had been like without your perseverance through my ailments growing up, as a child I may had taken that for granted.  I want you to know that I now know and understand the amount of patience, energy and love that it must had taken out of you to care for me like you did.  I will forever be grateful to God for giving me such a kind, warm, nurturing and loving mother.  I believe he hand-picked you to be my mother when he thought of me!  

But most of all, you have taught me what love is. You have taught me the true meaning of love. You sacrificed alot for your children. You have taught me that "love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 

You need to know that I have never felt a lack of anything. You poured so much of yourself into me. I have always known that I am loved. And, I thank you for that. I only hope that I can fill Kevin & Maddy’s heart with as much love and grace that you have given to me, Tanya, kelli and Dad.

If I have never told you before, you have given me the greatest gift. For, it is your love that helped me to come to Christ. I saw you cling to him in the good and the bad, praising him equally through both. You were the Jesus and the light that I saw. Your love for me and the rest of our family was so self sacrificing, putting us before your own needs all the time. I thank you and admire you for that.



In Proverbs 31, it states that we shall arise and call you blessed but truthfully, it is us that you have blessed. 


I love you.
Always, 
Your Daughter, Becky


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! There are not enough words to say thank-you, Becky!!! That is beautiful. What a precious Birthday gift that I'll have and treasure forever. God has sure blessed me with three beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband, which I know He has hand-picked especially for me. Sometimes you don't always see what others see, Becky. You're always giving, caring and thinking of others ahead of yourself. The word of God says a child shall lead them and as we are a blessing to you, you are to us. Thank-you again, Becky. Love you (((HUGS))) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I read this, it brings tears to my eyes. You're such a special daughter, Becky. :)

    ReplyDelete