November 7, 2010

Bucket List...



In recent days I have come across a few people I know discussing their life aspirations; things they feel that must take place in their life before they leave this earth...all wrapped up in something they call a 'Bucket List'.

This idea, this 'Bucket List' phenomena has got me thinking...what in my life have I yet to accomplish?, Am I where I should be in life?...What am I lacking?...If I died tomorrow would I be able to leave this earth knowing there was nothing left 'undone'?

I have never been one to make 'New Years Resolutions'...why you may ask?...Simple, I never want to set myself up for failure.  This may sound obsured to those of you who know me, as I've always been so organized and detail oriented. You may have figured I had my life all figured out, planned out, even scheduled to a tee in some super organized date book...to all of you whom think that...I'm sorry for the disappointment but no..I do not have my life anymore 'figured out' than the next person.

All this time I concluded to never make resolutions or 'Bucket Lists' for myself fearing failure, meanwhile I now believe I may have had it all wrong....a wise person once told me...'If you fail to plan; you plan to fail'

So here it is, a start of a fresh new way of thinking...and imagine...BEFORE New Years!!!

Once I have my 'Bucket List' figured out it will be documented here so stay tuned!! 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Becky.... I guess I better find my Bucket before I can make a list lol it's never too late, right? :) Looking forward to your next post Becky!

    ReplyDelete